Strawberry Cream Cheese Cake
A delicious recipe of Strawberry Cream Cheese Cake for all the family to enjoy.
Base: 20cm Flan or cake tin, lightly oiled
- 10 plain digestive biscuits crushed
- 60g butter
- 1 tsp Soft brown Sugar
- 10g Powdered Gelatin
- 350g Natural Light Cottage Cheese
- 2 Large Egg Yolks
- 15g Strawberry Powder or Freeze dried Strawberry Crumble
- 60g Caster Sugar
- 150g Light Double Cream
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan.
- Add the biscuit crumbs and sugar and mix well together.
- Spoon the mixture into the tin and press down evenly to make a firm base.
- In a small cup, add the gelatin to 3 tablespoons of cold water and place in a pan of simmering water.
- Allow to continue simmering for about 10 minutes until it appears transparent. Leave to cool.
- Place the cottage cheese, egg yolks and sugar in a liquidiser and blend for about a minute.
- Pour 4 tablespoons of warm water into a small basin and mixing continuously add the Strawberry Powder. Stir until completely dissolved.
- Pour this liquid into the liquidiser followed by the gelatin poured through a strainer.
- Blend all these ingredients together until thoroughly combined and smooth.
- In a separate basin, whip the cream until it is a soft ‘floppy’ consistency and add to the mixture.
- Blend again for about 10 seconds until the mixture is an even colour.
- Pour into the tin over the biscuit base.
- Cover with foil and place in a refrigerator, preferably overnight, until completely set.