What Are Freeze Dried Raspberries and How To Use Them
When it comes to freeze-dried fruit, raspberries are a favourite for their delicious flavour and many health benefits.
They are simply divine, with a tart and slightly sweet flavour that is perfect for satisfying your cravings without added sugars or artificial flavours.
Our freeze dried raspberries are made from 100% sustainably grown, natural fruit, that's sourced from local farmers in Chile and Europe.
Read on to learn more about the many uses and health benefits of freeze-dried raspberries.
What Are Freeze Dried Raspberries?
Freeze-dried raspberries are raspberries that have been picked at peak ripeness for maximum flavour and colour, that then get processed using a special technique that involves freezing the fruit and then removing all the moisture from it in a vacuum chamber.
This process is known as freeze-drying or lyophilisation. Freeze-drying preserves the colour, shape, and nutritional value of the raspberries. We remove all the water, which makes them deliciously lightweight and crispy, while giving them a conveniently longer shelf life without having to refrigerate them.
How Can You Use Freeze-Dried Raspberries?
- Snacking: Freeze-dried raspberries make a delicious and healthy snack. They're crispy and flavourful, and their low calorie and high fibre content make them easy to fit in to your diet.
- Baking: Freeze-dried raspberries can be crushed into a powder and used in baking recipes like muffins, cakes, and cookies. They add a tart, fruity flavour and a pop of colour to your baked goods.
- Smoothies: Freeze-dried raspberries are rich in antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals, so adding them to your morning smoothie is a great way to boost the nutritional content.
- Toppings: Freeze-dried raspberries can be crushed into small pieces and used as a topping for yogurt, oatmeal, or ice cream. Adding a delicious crunch and a burst of flavour.
Health Benefits of Freeze-Dried Raspberries
- High in Antioxidants: Raspberries are high in antioxidants, which help protect the body against damage from free radicals. Free radicals are unstable molecules that can damage cells and contribute to ageing and disease.
- Rich in Fibre: Freeze-dried raspberries are high in fibre, which helps promote healthy digestion and can also help lower cholesterol levels.
- Low in Calories: Freeze-dried raspberries are low in calories, making them a great option for those watching their weight. They're also a great alternative to high-sugar snacks like candy and chocolate.
- Vitamin C: Raspberries are a great source of vitamin C, which is important for immune system function and skin health.
- Potassium: Freeze-dried raspberries are also a good source of potassium, which is important for heart health and can help lower blood pressure.
- Versatility: Freeze-dried raspberries are incredibly versatile and can be used in a variety of ways. This makes it easy to incorporate them into your diet and reap the benefits.
Whether you're snacking on them straight out of the bag, using them in baking recipes, or adding them to smoothies, freeze-dried raspberries are a tasty and nutritious option.
If you haven't tried them yet, we highly recommend giving them a try!