Recipe: Wild Blueberry Muffins
Homemade wild blueberry muffins are the quintessential breakfast comfort food and a yummy snack for lunches.
Soft and lightly sweet with juicy mounds of fresh fruit throughout, wild blueberry muffins are bits of hand-held summer flavour.
Made with freeze dried wild blueberries, these blueberry muffins have higher levels of Anthocyanins than farm grown blueberries. This adds an extra antioxidant boost to your snack. Don't have freeze dried wild blueberries? You can buy them here or substitute with farm grown blueberries.
Servings: 18 muffins
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 2 cups of plain flour (If using self raising flour remove baking powder)
- 1 cup Freeze Dried Wild Blueberries
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan Salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup agave syrup
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Grease muffin tins.
- Sift together the flour, blueberries, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Whisk together the eggs, agave syrup, milk, and melted butter.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix just until incorporated.
- Pour the batter into prepared muffin tin, filling each cup 3/4 full.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-18 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes before removing to cool completely on wire racks.