Blueberry Marshmallows, light, fluffy, full of flavour and with a colour that just jumps out at you.
Ingredients - serves
- 3 packs unflavoured gelatine
- 1 cup ice cold water, divided
- 340g granulated sugar, approx 1½ cups
- 1 cup corn syrup
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 30g Blueberry powder or Freeze dried Blueberries
- ¼ cup icing (confectioners’) sugar
- ¼ cup cornflour
- Non-stick spray
- Combine icing sugar, cornflour and 15g of Blueberry powder in a small bowl.
- Place the gelatin in a mixer bowl with ½ cup of water.
- In a small saucepan combine the remaining ½ cup water, icing sugar, corn syrup and salt. Place over medium high heat, cover and allow to cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Uncover, using a candy thermometer continue to cook until the mixture reaches 129°C, approximately 7 to 8 minutes. Once the mixture reaches this temperature, immediately remove from the heat.
- Turn the mixer on low speed and very slowly pour the sugar syrup down the side of the bowl into the gelatin mixture. Once you have added all of the syrup, increase the speed to high.
- Continue to whip until the mixture becomes very thick and is lukewarm, approximately 12 to 15 minutes. Then add 15g Blueberry powder and continue whipping until powder is thoroughly mixed.
- While the mixture is whipping prepare the pan as follows. Lightly spray a 13 by 9-inch metal baking pan with non-stick cooking spray. Add the dusting and move around to completely coat the bottom and sides of the pan. Return the remaining dusting to the bowl for later use.
- When ready, pour the mixture into the prepared pan, using a lightly oiled spatula spread evenly into the pan. Dust the top with the Dusting to lightly cover. Reserve the rest for later. Allow the marshmallows to sit uncovered for at least 4 hours and preferably overnight.
- Turn the marshmallows out onto a cutting board and cut into 1-inch squares using a pizza wheel dusted with the dusting mixture. Once cut, lightly dust the Marshmallows with the dusting mix.