Strawberry Vanilla Doughnuts
These delicious strawberry vanilla doughnuts will have the whole family coming back for more! They're easy to make and naturally strawberry flavoured with real fruit strawberry powder. This is a fun baking activity for the kids to help with.
You will need a doughnut maker to create your doughnut shape. Another option is to use a cupcake tin and a small ball of tinfoil. Place the tinfoil in the centre of the cupcake mold and hold in place while pouring the mixture. This will create the "hole" in the middle of your doughnut.
- 1 ½ cups of flour
- ¼ cups of sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 125g butter soft
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup of milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp real fruit strawberry powder
For the icing
- Freeze dried strawberry crumble
- Add butter, egg, sugar and milk into a bowl and beat with an electric beater until your mixture becomes thick and creamy.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix until combined.
- Pour in equal amounts into your doughnut maker and close the lid.
- Bake for approximately 4-5 minutes. If you are baking in your oven, preheat to 180° and cook for 8-10 minutes until golden and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Ice and sprinkle freeze dried strawberry crumble on top.