Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding
This chocolate self-saucing pudding is rich, moist, gluten free and oh so delicious! Once you realise how easy and quick it is to make, you'll be making it every night!
For a non-gluten free option, simply replace the gluten free flour with normal flour.
For a less sweet option, try using half the sugar and only 4 tbsp of oil. You can also reduce the sugar for the sauce to just 2 tbsp.
This recipe serves 3-4. You can half the recipe and make it in a large microwave-proof mug for 1 person.
If you like it a little less chocolatey, you can reduce the amount of cacao powder used.
For the pudding:
- 1/2 cup gluten free flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 5 tbsp oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
For the sauce:
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp raw cacao powder
- 5 tbsp hot water
- In a microwave proof bowl, sift flour and cacao powder together. Add sugar and baking powder and mix.
- Add milk, oil and vanilla essence and mix until combined.
- To make the sauce, add the brown sugar and cacao to the top of the pudding. Carefully pour over hot water.
- Place in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes. If you are making this in a mug with a halved recipe, make sure you are using a large mug as it does expand a bit.
- Try topping your chocolate pudding with cream, ice cream or custard. Add freeze dried fruit such as strawberry slices to add a burst of flavour and colour.