These raspberry cupcakes are a simple vanilla cupcake studded with raspberries and topped with a super creamy raspberry buttercream. The whole family will love these delicious raspberry cupcakes.
Makes 10 cupcakes.
- 100g Soft Margarine
- 100g caster sugar
- 100g Self Raising flour
- ½ level tsp baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 15g Raspberry
- Butter Icing
- 15g Raspberry Powder or ground down freeze dried Raspberry
- 100g softened unsalted butter
- 200g icing sugar
- 2 tsp milk
- Place 10 cake papers in a cupcake tin.
- Pre-heat the oven to 160c, gas mark 3.
- Cream the margarine and the caster sugar together in a bowl until light and fluffy.
- Whisk the eggs thoroughly and gradually beat into the mixture.
- Sieve the flour and baking powder together in a separate bowl and add the Raspberry Powder
- Carefully fold these combined ingredients into the creamed mixture.
- Divide the mixture equally between the paper cases and cook in the oven for about 15 minutes.
- Leave to cool.
- Make the topping by beating the softened butter and icing sugar together. Thoroughly mix the Raspberry Powder into the milk until it is a smooth paste and then beat into the mixture.
- To decorate, pipe a swirl on the top of each cake.